You might have a Windows update pending that could break your computer.
This is a new development, but here is what we know:
- A Windows 10 update that was released yesterday has been found to cause some computers to blue screen and, in some cases, get stuck restarting.
- A fix is planned but not in place as of the writing of this e-mail.
- You might have Windows updates pending and this bad update might be one of them.
- Do not turn off or restart your computer. This will prevent the broken update from having a chance to complete its installation.
- We recommend leaving your computer up and running until Microsoft releases an updated fix for this problem.
- We make this recommendation to all of our customers, including QuickWatch customers
This email is informational only. You don’t need to contact us since there is nothing we can do to help. We just have to wait until Microsoft fixes this issue. Stay tuned.
If you have already experienced this problem and it boots to the repair screen, do not attempt any repair options. This could erase your data. In this case, you can call us or swing by our shop and we’ll be happy to help.